Friday, January 1, 2021

Goose Island State Park, sunrises

 The weekend before Christmas, my sister, niece, and I took a three night trip to Goose Island State Park on the western gulf coast of Texas. It is an area known for birding in the winter. We also wanted to go to the beach. It was cold, so we didn't do much hiking. We got to spend hours watching three sunrises and caught a few sunsets. I am doing three blog posts because I took a lot of photos and haven't yet edited them down to the best ones. I enjoyed the sunrises the best. I loved sitting on the bay cuddled in my jacket and watching the morning appear. There were a lot of waterfowl catching breakfast, mostly pelicans and sea gulls. There was a fleet of fishing boats in the bay every morning hunting for their lively hood. It seemed each boat had a circle they patrolled. The sunrise photos were the hardest to pick favorites of, so this post has a lot of similar photos. Enjoy.






































No comments:

Post a Comment