Thursday, January 14, 2021

Author Gretchen Rubin

 Gretchen Rubin wrote the Happiness Project, Happier at Home, The Four Tendencies, as well as quite a few other books. I have read these three as they were the ones available at the library. I have enjoyed her writing. It is great motivation to develop habits that will make your life better for both yourself and others. She does not expect you to be hard on yourself, but to develop habits and routines that help you reach your dreams and to think about what you would like your life to be like. She also encourages you to help others reach their potential according to what they want to do. She admits sometimes to being a "happiness bully" because she wants people to do what is good for them, but as she is, she learns to take a step back and help them be responsible for their own happiness. I have also listened to several videos on youtube where she talks about her books and encourages people to follow through with their happiness projects. I have found her books to be motivational and easy reading. She also has a website and a podcast. I have not been on either of those. I will go to the website and poke around. I think she has a community so if you are and obliger and need outer accountability to accomplish your goals you can use her community as a tool to do so....Ha ha I learned that in The Four Tendencies. I haven't decided if I am an obliger or a questioner (and they are opposites).


I went to her website...Gretchen Rubin I like her blog. Lots to read. According to her Four Tendencies quiz, I am an obliger. That was doing the answers without thinking about it. If I thought about my answers I could easily be a questioner. So I am still not sure, am I naturally a questioner and an obliger by a lifetime of training? I love to ask questions, but really like to to things for people too. I have learned to take care of myself before I take care of other though. Life works so much smoother if we follow the priorities we set and let ourselves become what God made us to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment