Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Baked spinich and eggs

I get eggs at someone's house now. Her chickens get to roam, protected by her dogs, and she sells their eggs for a little extra money. I think they need the money badly. I like cooking with eggs. They are a great comfort food. I read a recipe the other day in Michael Symon's Fix it With Food book I checked out of the library and adapted it to fit what I had. It was delicious.

1/2 bag frozen spinach
2 cups leftover rice and broccoli
about 1 cup vegan protein broth
4 eggs
fried onions (yum)

put spinach in a glass baking dish
microwave for 5 minutes (until hot)
mix in leftover rice, level it in baking dish, cover with broth
microwave 2 minutes (until hot)
make 2 cavities in vegetables to hold eggs
crack 2 eggs in each cavity. I cracked them into a bowl and poured them in.
top generously with fried onions

bake in toaster oven (house was too hot for big oven) at 375 for roughly 20 minutes until eggs are done to your taste and liquid from the broth is pretty much reduced. Better to bake too long than too short. Let sit for a minute and eat. It makes 2 servings.

No food pictures yet. I don't think about having my camera with me when I am cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment