Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Vegetable Sandwich or cracker spread


This is a combination of several recipes plus my own modifications. It came out really good and I will be making it again. I used 3 blocks of cream cheese and it made about 24 sandwiches. I scaled the recipe down to 1 block which will make 6 to 8 sandwiches. You could use half a block, which is what I did to test it out before the big batch. The quantities are not exact, you can play with it.  I didn't take any pictures of it, I need to remember to do more food photos. 

1 block cream cheese at room temperature
1 heaping tablespoon Miracle Whip Salad dressing (mayonnaise will probably be too heavy, but I am not a mayo fan)
1 Tablespoon Ranch dressing mix or seasoning mix
1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Combine well in a large bowl, mix, mix, get a workout with this part

1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
1/2 stalk finely chopped celery
abut 1 cup shredded carrots (I bought matchstick cut carrots, but grated would work, it would change the texture). Here you can use any shredded vegetable the people you are feeding like.
You want a little less vegetables than cream cheese mixture

Mix in well, you may have to use your hands to do a good job. 
Cover and refrigerate a couple hours to overnight to let the flavors mix

1 finely chopped tomato or 2 finely chopped plum tomatoes, let sit in a bowl for excess liquid to drain out

Make the sandwiches or top the crackers and top either with the chopped tomatoes, the tomatoes make it delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment