Friday, March 27, 2020

Bok Tower Gardens

We left Kissimmee Prairie Preserve rather early in the morning to be at Bok Tower Gardens shortly after they opened. Mom told me I was there when I was six months old. That was the last time she had been there also. It is a popular place, with good reason. There was a great school program and three buses of kids and their teachers were taking advantage of it. I saw photographers both using the garden as a back drop and photographing the plants and flowers. It was very well maintained and there were a lot of flowers that were well labeled. I enjoyed walking the paths, taking a lot of pictures of the flowers and listening to the bell music coming from the tower. We ate in the cafe. They served really good sandwiches and spent time in the gift shop. We have been to three botanical gardens on our travels and were able to eat in two of their cafe's. Both were excellent. It is safe to say, we will be making a point of visiting more. I think the Ladybird Johnson Botanical Garden in Austin was my favorite of the three we have been to. Possibly because we took a tour with a volunteer who really loved the garden, possibly because it fit so well into it's surroundings. Here are pictures from Bok Tower Gardens...
















1 comment:

  1. hello. I really like taking pictures of flowers too. they are cheerful and beautifully made

    ReplyDelete