Monday, March 23, 2020

Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park, Florida

Kissimmee Prairie Preserve ranks up in my favorite state parks. It doesn't for everyone, but I enjoy the prairie, the flowers, the sunsets, the stars, the birds and the campground. It doesn't have much trails, they are mostly open and straight, but you can see a lot of birds on them. It is one of the dark sky areas so when it is not cloudy, you see a lot of stars. I was trying  to take star photos when we were there, but I have not learned how to do it well yet. I got cold after about 30 minutes of trying. The sky was beautiful though with Venus and the moon looking like they were visiting each other. I enjoy the early morning the best and can't wait to get up and walk as dawn appearing and the world is waking up. Most of the people are still inside so the world belongs to me and the birds. This visit I didn't see the deer, I don't know where they were. The rangers had just done a controlled burn on part of the prairie so they must have moved elsewhere temporarily. I took 3 trails in the park. 2 with the dogs, and 1 with mom. Mom and I took the trail by the campground dogs were not allowed on. I still haven't figured out why they don't let dogs on that trail. It is woody and watery because it goes through the hammock the campground is in. In the morning after enjoying coffee and the early morning, we headed out to Tampa. We left early so we would be able to visit Bok Tower Gardens on the way. I did my very slow drive on the dirt roads through the prairie to the entrance of the park. We got to see lots of little birds and a couple of larger ones doing all their morning bird chores. One day I will learn some of their names. 










No comments:

Post a Comment