Saturday, February 1, 2020

Book Review-- A Cast of Stones

Patrick W. Carr has written 6 books and 1 novella so far. And a word of warning about all of them... Don't start reading them unless you are willing to spend the next 10 hours reading. They are very hard to put down. He wrote two three-book series. The Staff and the Sword including A Cast of Stones, The Hero's Lot, and A Draw of Kings. The other is The Darkwater Saga including The Shock of Night, The Shattered Vigil, and The Wounded Shadow. He has an ebook only called The End of the Magi and an ebook novella called By Divine Right. I checked the ones I read out from the library and read them on my kindle. First I read all of the Staff and Sword Series in two days. I was totally involved in the characters and was really involved the world of the books. It is a coming of age story set in another world about a young man who was an orphan who had a rough start. He still did what he needed to do, found his true skills, and endeavored to save his world from evil. In the process, he found several good mentors, good friends, and fell in love. Although this is a normal theme, it is difficult to predict what will happen next. The characters are very well developed and you want them to succeed. I have read 2 of the 3 books in the Darkwater Saga. I just allowed myself to check out the third book, so will probably be up past midnight reading tonight. I may have the self discipline to wait to read it a couple of days, but probably not.  This series of three books is similar in theme to Patrick Carr's first series, but in another world, with new characters and a different kind of evil invading their world. I have gotten involved in their culture and their lives. I know (or think I know) who the evil one is they have to destroy and who the good ones are. I am looking forward to finding out how it all works out. https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=patrick+w+carr&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

No comments:

Post a Comment