Thursday, June 4, 2020

1944 January 5

1944 January 5

Dear Ginger,
 My stub of a paraffin wax candle is alight and so is my heart. I look forward, all day to these evenings with you. Nothing has happened, the sky has become completely overcast, The mail man may be going back tomorrow so tonight I seal the envelope.

Now don't worry about the stub of a candle. I got four more good American candles form the supply room. You know, this writing by candle light reminds me so much of our short vacation in Lebanon State Park. Such pleasant memories Bob really will make a good and courageous scout.

This being apart for a while will make our  companionship all the richer. Of course, I'd like to watch Ginger grow, but your letters are a very satisfactory substitute. 

The other night, I wrote the Rev. Fetter at Cornell. He may not be there any more but thought he'd be quite surprised to see my letter. I tried to write just as neatly as I wrote twenty years ago. I do owe an awful lot of letters. You and mother have received practically all my letters.

A slight interruption. People report to and confer with me frequently.. If this job ever grows up it will be big indeed. As it is, it is in it's earliest infancy. Now darling, think I'll look over the sailboats for a while then attend a Chinese lesson.

Love, hugs and kisses,
George.

No comments:

Post a Comment