Friday, September 4, 2020

Heritage Village Museum, Huntsville, TX

 


My sister in law and brother are staying in their rig with us for a while. They like to go on adventures and explore all the little towns around us. I have to admit, I say I like exploring, but have not done this yet. I see more solo adventures in my future. One day, they invited me to go with them. They didn't know where they were going, but I went. We headed out of town and stopped at the Heritage Village Museum just outside of Woodville, TX. There is a family style restaurant, an indoor gift shop with hand made woven stuff and crocheted and knitted stuff, rocks, and souvenirs. There is also an outdoor museum with about 25 different buildings from various eras of history. We walked in all of them and explored. We were allowed to touch many of the items, go behind the post office counter, go into the train station, play with a pump, and admire the amazing carriage barn. It was worth the $5 admission. We then spent some time hiking the nature trail. The beginning is slippery because they used rocks for footing, but once we got past the rocks, it was a really nice trail. It was surprisingly cool, even though it was in the 90's. There were many signs telling us what trees we were looking at. It always amazes me the diversity of flora in the Big Thicket area. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment