Sunday, August 23, 2020

Jet Skiing

 


































When I moved to Texas almost a year ago, I knew I would get to have family time and hoped I would get to travel and see new places. I had hoped for other goals and volunteer opportunities and, like a good book, my current chapter is not quite as predicted. I am liking it though. My family is pretty amazing, I am slowly making friends (at least people I know), and am learning to accept new adventures. 

Family time has been great. My niece has found a wonderful lifemate. They are getting married soon. He is a responsible man who can earn a good living, make good decisions, treat her like a queen, and reminds us all to have fun and enjoy life. 

He has a jetski (properly known as a personal watercraft). He loves driving it and takes us out on Lake Livingston when they come to town. I get the "Lake Life" thing. It is a different world on the lake. There are destinations you can boat to, like the waterfall and pine island and the dam. We haven't been to the dam yet. Families party at pine island. They set up shade shelters in the water, park their boats, swim and relax. There are also places where groups of fishermen hang out. I know there is a lake culture I am not fully aware of. I think I would like to hang out more down at the lake. I bought a fishing pole, but am waiting for it to cool off before I learn to fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment